David Kennon, Kennon Financial
The 5% Club Criteria
The following criteria must be met for membership in The 5% Club.
- You don’t want to die with regret.
- You would rather not die with money that you could have enjoyed while living.
- You are willing to live your life with a new sense of opportunity and creativity.
- You must be willing to view retirement as a new, exciting stage of life.
- You must be willing to find fulfilling ways to spend your money in retirement.
- You must be willing to have your money continue to work for you once you are retired.
- You must be comfortable with this idea: It is okay to start spending the money that your money is making once retired. (Spending the dividends and interest, without dipping into the principal).
- You must be willing to challenge the “doom and gloom” of the mainstream financial media.
- You must have at least $200,000 in retirement savings- all the way up to $5,000,000 is assets or more.
Now, please understand, I am not saying that your life will be greatly improved by joining The 5% Club, but it very well could….
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How much does the 5% Club cost to join? Nothing. The 5% Club is free, simple, and easy.
- Yeah, but what’s the catch? There is no catch. As a financial planner, I feel that you would be better served using the services of a competent investment fiduciary, but it is not required. The benefits of the 5% Club can be realized by anyone who meets the above criteria.
- Do I have to invest my money in the stock market? No. You do not have to invest in the stock market, but generally speaking, it is important to have at least a portion of your savings in the stock market.
- How do I learn more? I will begin hosting online classes in the coming months.
- What would we learn in the class?
-Why you need to reprogram your “oversaving” mentality.
-How to invest so your money works for you.
-The formula for winning retirement.
-How to determine your monthly retirement budget.
-How to overcome common, scary, “what if” scenarios.
When classes are officially scheduled, I will let you know the times and dates. Since this is an online class, you can learn from the comfort of your own pajamas.